Thursday, December 08, 2005

Liberate yourself

Freedom from the #2

difficulty:
7- you have to be able to let go of your sacred opinion

price:
free, except for the loss of your "voice"

what's it good for:
Freeing yourself from the bondage of the #2, and sitting nicely in your chair knowing that you are a revolutionary.

How'd ya do it:
Ever since I was in the second grade I have been told to fill out the Scan-tron with a #2 pencil. What magic does a #2 have? What happens if I didn't?

Well I have begrungenly accepted my bondage to the sacred pencil for 27 years. But recently I felt the need to bust through this tyrannical wall that has been built around me. As the teacher passed out the Scan-tron to fill out an evaluation, I knew that today was the day. I didn't have a pencil, nor did I want one. I was going to fill it out with a PEN!!!!

As I did it a wave of freedom came over me, much the dismay of the other students in my class that looked at me as if I decided to show up to class naked. They could not believe that I would shirk my responcibility with such bravado. Yes I did it, and I laugh today thinking about the grader who realizes that a student from a graduate class does not know how to fill out a Scan-tron.

This must have been what it was like to burn a bra.

b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home