Monday, November 21, 2005

After Midnight

The first showing of a movie coming out

difficulty:
3 -mainly that difficulty comes the next day

price:
$8

what's it good for:
To remind yourself of the fun stuff you used to do. Why on earth would someone go see a movie at midnight? Because it is wicked fun, there are no kids, and you get to see the movie with all the people who are really committed to seeing such a great movie, meaning that the clap and laugh at the right times.

It is fun to stand in line and laugh at yourself and the others around you for what seems like a rediculious way to spend an evening. Take a book and some snacks and just chill in the line that is continuing to wrap around the theatre.

Amber and I do this on a very regular basis. All the Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, and any other popcorn big movies that strike our fancy. Then you get to think about it all day before on how fun it is, and regret your decision all the next day. But you are living adventurously, or at least sleepy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brady, I know you enjoy a good story so I'd like to share the crazy, funny, horrid thing happened to me the other night…

Kellie, Ambar and I headed over to Clark for dinner… this was during the heaviest of hurricane without water. So we are being tossed around on the sidewalk by the wind.

We get to near the steps behind Clark and realize that it is closed. So we decide to walk over to Chicken Express.

I take one step off the curb and find that I have stepped in something squishy. I said, “Whoa, what was that.” The three of us look down to see that I have stepped on a dead squirrel. I let out the loudest scream, hop off… and begin to run across the street. But I looked like a cross between a old-school high-steppin’ marching band member and Fred Flinstone right before he bowled, all with the wind going crazy around us. Ambar and Kellie are bent over laughing as I continue to scream and prance in horror.

We finally calm down and make it to Chicken Express. There the employees give us a hard time, joking around. We order and sit down. As we begin to eat, I notice Kellie is staring at my shirtsleeve. I ask what’s she looking at. I look down to find that a bird has pooped on me. Yuck!!!

Kellie and Ambar again start laughing… hysterically. I rolled my eyes and began to hum “Circle of Life” from the Lion King. Ambar said that it was the birds’ retaliation for stepping on their friend.

To make matters worse, last weekend I went out to my car and found a dead bird on my hood.

Can't a girl get a break?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Brady said...

that "killed" me. now just dont step on me.

I just recently stepped on a dead bird walking home from class and I freaked out. Then I was really sad that somehow I had defamed the birds life or something...hippie i know.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home